If we’re able to offer you a loan, we’ll ask you to provide supporting documentation to confirm the information below during the verification stage of your application.
School and class
- At this step, you would have needed to confirm that we support the school and course you are applying for. You would be able to confirm this by clicking here
- If we do support the school, course and period, you would be able to select it from the drop-down provided
- If you don’t see it on the list, this unfortunately means that we may not be able to support that school. Not to worry though, you can register your interest in the school here, and as soon as we can support that school, we’ll reach out to you
- We need to know your personal information, such as your full name and contact details.
- We’ll ask you later on in the process to provide us with your updated contact details once you arrive on campus, so please make sure the details provided are correct
- We need to know where you are currently living, what county you call home and where you have lived for the past 3 years. This is due to the regulatory restrictions for international lending, and without this information, we would not be able to move forward with your application
Budget: Tell us how you plan to fund your study period
- We’ll need to see how you plan to fund the study period you are applying for, as well as your entire course. As a responsible lender, we want to make sure that you can budget for the cost of your studies with the support of our loan. If we can offer you a loan, you will need to confirm the amounts listed in your application during our verification process
- If you have any scholarships, sponsorships or savings to help balance the cost of your studies, you will be able to declare these in your budget
- The budget will automatically update to display the funds you have declared. If the sum of these funds matches the cost of your studies (listed at the top of the budget screen), you have completed your budget
- If you have any 'Outstanding Funds' remaining, you will need to increase your funding source amount before you can progress
- If you’ve been employed or are currently employed, you’ll be able to add the details of this employment (including the type and monthly salary) in the fields provided. You’ll be asked to provide supporting documentation during the verification process to confirm your employment status
- If you haven’t been employed before, not to worry! You can go ahead and select “No” and move on to the next section
- If you’re an existing Prodigy Finance customer or are applying for another period, this information should not change. If you were previously unemployed, provide details from your last employment and share what you have been doing since it ended
- If you have existing debt that will not be used to support your studies, such as credit card debt, personal loans, mortgage, or auto loans amongst others, you will need to add it to this section. During the verification process, we’ll ask for a credit report which would include this information.
- If you own any property or assets for which you are the sole named owner or co-signatory you can add them in here. You don’t need to include assets in the name of other family members.
- Great news! You’re nearly finished with completing the application. Use this space to give us information that you consider important in your application and that you have not been able to mention before. This includes a "self-declaration" as well as "Emergency Contact details".
When you’re ready, hit submit!
If you want any information related to the Prodigy Finance supported schools before you make your decision, or if the question is simply, “What loans am I eligible for?”, simply check out one of our Support pages or visit our Study Centre to read more about how Prodigy Finance can help you in the next stage of your career journey.
Also, if you have some questions about Prodigy Finance charging any hidden fees, whether your full cost of studies will be covered, whether forex rates will affect your interest, or if you’ll receive a tax break or not, here is an article that provides as good a Prodigy Finance review as possible.
For any other information about Prodigy Finance, or our student loan process, feel free to browse through our site or register for a webinar to have your questions answered by one of our team members before you apply for our student loan.