Before we can offer you a loan, we need to consider a few factors. One of those factors is your pre-study salary. Prodigy Finance requires a proof of salary document to confirm the information in your application.
- What should I submit as proof of salary?
- What if I don't have a salary slip?
- What should be included in my corresponding bank statement?
- What can't we consider as proof of salary?
- What if I'm self-employed or contractually employed and plan to study part-time?
1. What should I submit as proof of salary?
Employed full-time student
If you are a full-time student you need to provide ALL of the following documents to prove your pre-study salary:
Self employed full-time student
If you are a self employed full-time student you need to provide ALL of the following documents to prove your salary:
Post-study salary for full-time students
If you are a full-time student with an employment contract for when you are done with your studies, you need to provide us with the following:
If you are a part-time student you will have to provide us with proof of your permanent, full-time employment. You must submit the following as proof of your salary:
2. What if I don't have a salary slip?
*If you are a part-time student you need will salary slips to continue with your application. The below requirements are only for full-time students
You can upload one of the following documents if you don’t have a salary slip:
- A tax certificate no older than 12 months.
- A letter from your employer confirming your net salary and a bank statement that matches the salary amount.
- If you're self-employed and plan to study full-time, you can submit 3 service contracts or invoices, as well the corresponding bank statements that match the amounts on those contracts or invoices.
3. What should be included in my corresponding bank statement?
- Your name and surname must be visible
- Name and logo of the bank must be visible
- The bank statement date must match one of the payslips dates you provided
- The bank statement must clearly reflect your net salary
- Please note that we will require your complete bank statement
4. What can't we consider as proof of salary?
- Internship salary
5. What if I'm self-employed or contractually employed and plan to study part-time?
Unfortunately, we can't support part-time students who are self-employed or contractually employed.