What can I use as proof of address?
- Utility or municipality bills (for example; bills for water, electricity, gas or for rates and taxes).
- Bank statements or a financial statement from your financial institution. This can be for a credit card, investment, current account, vehicle finance or home loan statement.
- A copy of a lease/rental agreement signed by yourself and the landlord. We can also accept a letter from the landlord or property administrator (including military or hostels).
- An official tax return, assessment or statement from your country tax authority.
- A telephone account for a physical landline.
What should my proof of address include?
- Your name and surname.
- A date no older than 90 days from when you upload the document.
- If you use a copy of a lease agreement or a tax return as your proof of address, please note that it shouldn't be older than 12 months.
- A logo or stamp from the institute.
- An address that matches the address on your application.
What if I don't have a proof of address?
If you don’t have a proof of address, you can upload a declaration letter.
A declaration letter is a letter from your family members, friends or landlord confirming that your current address is the same as the address in your application. The letter should include:
- The date.
- Your name and the name of the person signing the declaration letter.
- Their signature with a corresponding date.
You don't have to send a copy of your family member’s or landlord’s identity document to accompany your declaration letter.
What can't we accept as proof of address?
- Password protected or compressed files.
- Cellphone or mobile bills.
- Passports or identity documents.