Part of our due diligence, we need to complete a process known as KYC (Know Your Customer), this is the process of a business verifying the identity of its clients by obtaining information about the identity and address of the customers.
- What can I use as proof of address?
- What should my proof of address include?
- What if I don't have a proof of address?
- What can't we accept as proof of address?
- Sample documentation
What can I use as proof of address?
- Utility or municipality bills that are in your name (for example; bills for water, electricity, gas or bills for rates and taxes); or
- Bank statements or a financial statement from your financial institution
- Credit card, investment, current account, vehicle finance or home loan statements; or
- A copy of a lease/rental agreement signed by yourself and the landlord.
- We can also accept a letter from your landlord or property administrator (including military or hostels); or
- An official tax return, assessment or statement from your country tax authority; or
- A telephone account for a physical landline.
What should my proof of address include?
- Your name and surname must be visible on the document
- The document should be dated no older than 90 days from when you upload the document.
- If you use a copy of a lease agreement or a tax return as your proof of address, please note that it shouldn't be older than 12 months.
- The logo or stamp of the institute
- The address on the document must match the address on your application
What if I don't have a proof of address?
If you don’t have a proof of address, you can upload a declaration letter.
A declaration letter is a letter from your family members, friends or landlord confirming that your current address is the same as the address in your application. The letter should include:
- The date
- Your name and the name of the person signing the declaration letter
- Their signature with a corresponding date
You don't have to send a copy of your family member’s or landlord’s identity document to accompany your declaration letter.
What can't we accept as proof of address?
- Password protected or compressed files
- Cellphone or mobile bills
- Passports or identity documents
- Admission document from your school
- Short term insurance documents