A credit bureau report is a detailed report that summarises an individual's credit history and is prepared by a credit bureau of a specific country.
It's used by lenders like us to determine creditworthiness and if they can lend money to you. A credit report shows lenders your previous and current payment behavior.
Follow these steps to make sure your document meets our criteria
- Your full name, and where possible, your date of birth
- The document must not be older than 90 days from the date you submit your credit report and must be in a non-editable format such as PDF, JPEG, PNG, or JPG
- The name, logo, or letterhead from the institute where the report was provided must be visible
- If the bureau provides a credit score, then it must be visible
- Your complete payment history must be visible
I have no credit history
Don’t worry - many of our customers do not have a credit history, and it isn’t a requirement for our loans.
If you've never taken out any credit before you will still be able to retrieve a form of confirmation from your credit bureau agency stating that you do not have any credit history.
Your credit bureau agency will provide you with a document/email/screenshot illustrating that you do not have any credit history, which is all we need to know.
The document/email/screenshot must meet the following requirements:
- Your name must be visible
- The name, logo, letterhead, or email address from the institute must be visible
- The document/email/screenshot must not be older than 90 days from the date it is submitted in your application and the date must be visible
- The document/email/screenshot must be in a non-editable format such as PDF, JPEG, PNG, or JPG
- Confirm that you do not have any credit history
My credit report has late payments reflecting
If your report reflects any late payments or delinquent accounts, please let us know more about these circumstances by emailing our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. If it's a mistake, please open a dispute with the credit bureau and request an updated report.
My country has restrictions preventing me from getting a credit report
If you are not able to get a credit bureau report, please reach out to us at email@example.com. Our team will be able to inform you of the alternative documentation that we can accept. Alternatively, you may view this article for some guidance.
Will applying for a loan affect my credit score?
When you apply for a loan, requesting an updated credit report is part of the process and this will appear as a 'footprint' on your credit report, which is sometimes a factor in calculating your credit score. This varies depending on your country of residence or credit bureau.
If you want any information related to the Prodigy Finance supported schools before you make your decision, or if the question is simply, “What loans am I eligible for?”, simply check out one of our Support pages or visit our Study Centre to read more about how Prodigy Finance can help you in the next stage of your career journey.
Also, if you have some questions about Prodigy Finance charging any hidden fees, whether your full cost of studies will be covered, whether forex rates will affect your interest, or if you’ll receive a tax break or not, here is an article that provides as good a Prodigy Finance review as possible.
For any other information about Prodigy Finance, or our student loan process, feel free to browse through our site or register for a webinar to have your questions answered by one of our team members before you apply for our student loan.