How can I chat to a mentor?
Our community of mentors are here to guide aspiring international students like yourself! You can connect one-on-one with them for first-hand advice on their study abroad journey and their experience with Prodigy Finance here. Mentors are also students and graduates who have a disbursed loan with Prodigy Finance.
Who are the Prodigy mentors?
Visit the chat widget on our website where you will be able to see a full list of mentors you can talk to.
What can I ask a mentor?
You can ask about a mentor's study abroad experience, about their experience with Prodigy Finance, about their career aspirations and any guidance you may need to help you on your study abroad journey.
Here are some common questions that students ask our mentors:
- ‘’Please tell me about your experience living in France and Studying. Is it easy to find a job to work and pay your student loan?’’
- ‘’I am planning to study at University of Texas at Arlington. Can you tell me how this university is for civil engineering students?’’
- ‘’I have the dream of doing a graduate degree in Canada. And I see you're also from Brazil. So I would like to know how did you find the process to get the loan?’’
Whilst our mentors are there to share their experience and offer guidance, please be mindful that they are NOT our customer service team and cannot discuss any details specific to your loan application, nor share sensitive information about their loans.
If you have questions about your loan application and terms, the Customer Service Team will be happy to assist you. Please check out our FAQs or reach out to our expert support team at email@example.com.
What should I do if a mentor cannot answer my question?
Are mentors employed by Prodigy Finance?
The Community of Mentors are not employed by Prodigy Finance.
What if I am interested in becoming a mentor?
It's great to hear that you are interested in joining our Community of Mentors! You can find more details about the programme here.
What is the criteria for becoming a mentor
You must be a Prodigy Finance customer with a disbursed loan before you can join the community of mentors.
How can I find a mentor from my home country?
You can visit the mentor chat on the Prodigy Finance website where you will find a list of mentors. You will notice the mentor’s country of origin indicated by the flag next to their name. Once you spot a mentor from your home country that you would like to chat to, you can simply click on their profile to chat to them.
My mentor has not replied. What should I do?
Kindly note mentors are students who have volunteered to help us. We understand they may be busy with school work. If you have not heard back from them within 48 business hours :
- You can reach out to another available mentor
- Refer to our FAQs
How to reach out to another mentor
You can revisit the chat where you will find the list of available mentors. You can simply click to chat to another mentor of your choice.
Navigating a chat with a mentor
1. From the Prodigy Finance webpage, a pop up in the bottom right corner of the page will appear like this:
2. If you select the option to connect with a mentor, a list of available mentors will appear for you to select from:
3. If you would like to see a full list of mentors, you can click this button:
4. You will then be shown the full list of mentors where the flag next to their name indicates their country of origin:
5. Once you have selected the mentor you would like to chat to, you can click on the ‘start messaging’ button:
6. Once you have selected the option to ‘start messaging’, you will need to sign into your Prodigy Finance account or you can create an account by clicking ‘sign up’:
7. Once you have signed in, you will be able to start chatting with your selected mentor:
8. You will also be able to view all previous chats with mentors:
9. If you would like to filter by school, area of study or country of origin, you can click on the ‘filter'