Understanding whether you may be eligible for a loan can be daunting, here are some quick facts to help you before submitting an application:
What are our basic requirements
We have two basic requirements to help us determine if you're eligible for a Prodigy Finance loan (subject to affordability check) :
- You must be admitted to a school and programme we support.
- Click here to explore our schools.
- Remember, you can apply for a quote before you have an admittance letter - we'll only ask for proof of admission when we finalize your loan.
- You must be looking to study abroad
- You must come from one of the 150 countries we support.
- You can find a list of countries we can't support here.
Are there any exemptions?
There are some exceptions which all depend on where you live when you apply and where you plan to study:
If you're a UK resident:
- You will be eligible for a loan for studies in the UK or abroad. You just need to meet the first requirement.
If you're a US resident:
- You will be eligible for a loan for studies in the US or abroad as long as you're living in an eligible state (see the ineligible states in this article).
If you are currently living in the country you want to study in:
- If you've lived in your study country for less than 1 year when you apply for a loan, you may still be eligible.