Once you’ve accepted your provisional offer, a task will appear on your dashboard to verify your identity and provide some documentation.
We’ll need documents that confirm the following:
You’ll be directed to an automatic verification process to complete your identity task, asking you to follow the system prompts in order to complete verifying your application:
- Proof of Identity: This is a copy of your valid passport in a clearly readable format. A colour scan of the identification page (clear photo) is enough - you don't need to send through copies of every page.
- Proof of Address: This document should clearly display your name and residential address, matching what you stated in your application. This document must be dated within the last three months.
Your school admission
We'll need a letter or email from your school clearly displaying your name, school, course, and an indication that you've been accepted.
- This course information will need to match the course selected in your application. Please note that for this task, we do not accept the i-20 VISA documentation as proof of school admittance.
- Read this article to learn more about confirming your school admission.
Your Credit Report
We’ll need a copy of your credit report that summarises your credit history and must be prepared by a credit reference agency of a specific country.
- Read this article to learn more about uploading your latest credit report.
Your job offer
- If you are studying full time and are currently employed you will need to provide three months’ salary slips dated within the last six months and one corresponding bank statement.
- If you are studying part time, you will need to provide 3 months’ recent salary slips dated within the last 4 months, along with 1 month corresponding bank statement.
- If you have a post study job offer, you will need to provide confirmation of your future employment in the form of a signed employment contract.
- If you would like to see further details or options available to you regarding proof of income please view the following article here.
Any savings or family contributions to fund your studies
In some instances, we’ll need you to show that you have sufficient funds available in order to support yourself with the aid of the Prodigy Finance loan. This is the amount declared as savings in your application budget.
- We'll need official savings account statements that show available funds for the amount listed in your application. Please note that we do not accept investments in stocks as a form of savings.
- If somebody else is contributing towards your savings, they'll need to complete this form so you can upload it to your dashboard in addition to providing their bank statements.
- Already made payments to your school? Great! We can use that as part of your proof of savings. Please upload confirmation from your school as well as the proof of payment for this.
- Please read this article to learn more about confirming savings or family contributions.
Confirming your sponsorship or scholarship
- We’ll need a letter containing an official letterhead from the source of the scholarship/sponsorship that matches the amount you included in your application. This document should include your name and should be in non-editable format, such as pdf.
- If you were granted non-state tuition - great news! We would just need a letter advising that your tuition will be that of an in-state student with all the relevant information on it. The information we’d need includes your name, school name and the document must also be in a non-editable format.
- Once we have this information, our team will then update your application and ensure that your loan amount aligns with your new cost of attendance.
Quick tips before hitting submit on a task
- If your documents are in your local language, supplying us with certified English copies will speed up the application process. In most cases, our verification team can translate your documents, but in an instance where we need a translation, we'll let you know. (please note that you may need to pay for certain certified translation services).
- If your documentation requires currency conversions, our expert team will complete this for you.
- Upload your documents in a non-editable, clearly visible format that includes your details like your full name, as well as the date that the document was issued.
If you want any information related to the Prodigy Finance supported schools before you make your decision, or if the question is simply, “What loans am I eligible for?”, simply check out one of our Support pages or visit our Study Centre to read more about how Prodigy Finance can help you in the next stage of your career journey.
Also, if you have some questions about Prodigy Finance charging any hidden fees, whether your full cost of studies will be covered, whether forex rates will affect your interest, or if you’ll receive a tax break or not, here is an article that provides as good a Prodigy Finance review as possible.
For any other information about Prodigy Finance, or our student loan process, feel free to browse through our site or register for a webinar to have your questions answered by one of our team members before you apply for our student loan.